A lot of people shy away from essential oils because of seemingly difficult ways that you have to use them. They think complicated misting machines and special voodoo-witch’s blends are required to get optimum aromatic benefits.
They couldn’t be more wrong.
Take it from me. Essential oils are very easy to use. I personally would not use them every day, throughout the day, if they were complicated and didn’t get me the results I desired.
One of the simplest ways to garner the intense and immediate benefits of high-quality essential oils is simply inhaling them.
And guess what?
You can do this right from the bottle.
No fancy machines.
No complicated recipes or protocols.
Simply unscrew the top and breathe deeply for several minutes. It’s that easy.
Or apply a drop or two to your palms, rub, cup over your mouth and nose, and employ those deep breathing strategies!
THE IMPORTANCE OF DEEP BREATHING
Now, you do have to practice your deep breathing. I recommend making this a daily ritual, multiple times a day and added in during times of intense stress.
How do you do it? Simple – using your diaphragm to really push your belly in and out. Let the rhythm of your breaths complement the rush of air being sucked in through your nostrils, billowing into the deep recesses of your lungs, and being slowly leaked out through your mouth.
Now add in a deep whiff of your favorite essential oil for whatever your current mood requires, and you have yourself an amazing and quick way to support your emotional health that can be employed anywhere.
TRICKS OF THE TRADE
Looking for some ingenious ways to keep your mood sustained throughout the day?
I’ve got you covered.
Check out my favorite easy solutions for sustained emotional balance:
– Cotton Balls – A simple drop or two of high-quality essential oils on a handy-dandy cotton ball can work wonders. Strategically place them in your purse, suitcase, gymbag, shoes, drawers, closets, or even sitting on your desk.
– Clothespins – Wood makes a great vessel for aromatherapy with essential oils, and they can be easily clipped to a variety of places. I love using this trick with a fan or on my car vents.
– Leather or Heavy Cardstock Bookmarks – Add a few drops to a basic bookmark and tuck in your binders, notebooks, books, or magazines. Not only does it make your pages smell amazing, but the aroma will waft out whenever you turn a page and keep you sustained while working.
– Leather Bracelets – This one is a double-whammy! Not only does adding a few drops to the underside of a leather bracelet keep the aromatherapy power on your person all day long, but it also allows it to be applied topically to your wrists, where pores are bigger. Even when stress gets high and you start to sweat, the leather bracelet will kick into effect and allow the calming scent to waft your way, a virtual aura of calm.
– Aromatherapy Jewelry–A unique terracotta or lava-rock necklace, a felt pad enclosed in a decorative locket, or a simple leather pendant can all be vessels for mood-balancing essential oils.
DIFFUSERS FOR ENDURING AROMA
The ultrasonic cool-air diffuser is my absolute favorite for enhancing an entire room with sustained scent. The ultrasonic vibrations convert oil mixed with water into a fine water vapor, allowing the oils to remain suspended in the air for hours.
Amazing, right? Not only does it improve the quality of air that you are breathing, but it allows the oils to be safely breathed in to go to immediate work in your body.
Bonus points if you choose one with a cool Zen light feature that will allow you to focus and meditate.
WHICH OILS TO CHOOSE?
Let me first say that essential oils have been proven to be extremely effective in relieving the symptoms of mood disorders, including feelings of self-doubt and anxious feelings as well as reduce overall stress. Simply inhaling high-quality essential oils immediately affects your brain, stimulating it to exert the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, and improving your mood.
Can essential oils cure a mood disorder? No. But they can help.
Especially if you are dealing with hormonal imbalance mistaken for a mood disorder, which happens more often than not in today’s world.
Lavender, Wild Orange, and Bergamot essential oils are the top three for enhancing mood
CAN’T-MISS BLENDS FOR MOOD SUPPORT
Try these amazing blends for your needs…whatever your mood, high-quality essential oils will keep your mind and body sustained.
Worried – Cedarwood, Geranium, doTERRA Serenity Restful Blend
Angry – Arborvitae, Patchouli, YlangYlang
Stressed – Frankincense, Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Vetiver
Focus – Rosemary, Lavender, Citrus oils, Peppermint/Spearmint, doTERRA Balance Grounding Blend, doTERRAInTune Focus Blend
Anxious – Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender
Unmotivated – Citrus oils, Peppermint, doTERRA Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend, doTERRA Motivate Energizing Blend
Discouraged – Sandalwood, Myrrh, doTERRA Elevation Joyful Blend
DIFFUSER BLEND RECIPES
The recipes below are some of my absolute favorites for all of my moods. These are meant for use in a cool-air ultrasonic diffuser, but you can reduce the quantity of drops for use with the “Tricks of the Trade” that I mentioned earlier.
Most importantly, it’s about finding the blend that works the best for you! Don’t be afraid to experiment and keep track of what you are trying and how you feel both before and after.
2 drops Peppermint essential oil
3 drops Wild Orange essential oil
1 drop Frankincense essential oil
3 drops Bergamot essential oil
2 drops Cedarwood essential oil
1 drop Jasmine essential oil
2 drops Lavender essential oil
2 drops Sandalwood essential oil
1 drop YlangYlang essential oil
1 drop Vetiver essential oil
2 drops Frankincense essential oil
2 drops Wild Orange essential oil
1 drop Peppermint essential oil
OVERWHELM RESET BLEND
2 drops Geranium essential oil
2 drops Clary Sage essential oil
1 drop Patchouli essential oil
1 drop YlangYlang essential oil
3 drops Patchouli essential oil
2 drops White Fir essential oil
2 drops Lavender essential oil
Look no further than my website, friend! Send me a message and we can connect to figure out your perfect plan or diffuser blend.